As some of you may know my boss has been on medical leave since May. He had a cancerous tumor removed from his face (cheek area) and he went through about two to three months of very difficult and painful chemo and radiation treatments. He had a PET scan just before the surgery and was told that the cancer had not spread. We expected him to return next week and his boss told me and my colleague today that he wasn't coming back. Basically the cancer has spread to his liver and possibly to his lungs. We also found out that he has another tumor, this time growing in his temple, and it was confirmed that it was cancerous. In his temple!! Apparently his doctors are shocked at this turn of events. I am in complete disbelief right now because he seemed to be doing so well. It was so hard to concentrate at work today because I kept thinking about his wife and young son. One day you are living life and the next day it is turned upside down. He and his wife got married about five years ago. He told me about his wedding when I told him I got engaged. As I plan this wedding I am forever grateful that my family and friends are blessed with good health specially my brother-in-law Paul who continues to be cancer free.
I wanted to share this sad news with you because it was a big part of my life today. Even though this blog is about the excitement of planning our wedding it also shows that sad news can sneak up on us in our everyday happy lives and make us think about how unpredictable life can be.
Park City Utah
4 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment