I was having a hard time trying to figure out what could be my "something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue". I never really paid much attention it and I figured it would all fall into place somehow. Well, it has : ).
I don't think I mentioned that I'm going to be using my sister's wedding veil for my wedding. I can't even begin to tell you how much it means to me to wear her veil. I'm so glad it worked out that way. When I first saw it I didn't think it was right-- too pooffy. Then during one of my dress fittings we put it on in a way that made it look so classy and beautiful. And that was it! I fell in love with it! The color is not an exact match to my dress but I don't think you can tell much. Anyway, I don't care, I want to wear the veil to honor my beautiful sister for everything she has done for me this past year. This will be my something "borrowed".
I might have mentioned this sometime ago. My mom has been working on making my wedding day jewelry. A few days ago she showed me the necklace and bracelet and they are so beautiful. They match my dress so well! She did an incredible job with them! The only thing left are my earrings. I keep on forgetting to take pictures but as soon as I do I will post them. She also made the bridesmaids jewelry and they are beautiful too! My mom worked so hard on the jewelry. I kept on changing my mind as to the design but eventually she created a beautiful and forever lasting piece. This will be my something "new".
My something "old" has some sentimental value to me. I asked my aunt a few months ago if she had anything of my grandmother that I could have for my wedding day. She did. She gave a religious pin that my grandmother would wear all the time. My grandmother was very devout so what better way to have her with me then to use her pin. I know she will be looking down at us in a few short days giving us her blessing and I will be thinking of her and her beautiful smile. This is my something "old".
My something blue... mmmmm, nothing yet. I can't think of anything that I have that is blue! The only blue I can think of are the blue flowers we are honoring the Blessed Mother with during the ceremony. If nothing comes up then the flowers will be my something "blue"!
Park City Utah
4 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment