Thoughts on the third trimester:
The baby moves like crazy! There is rarely a time that he/she does not move. Now that the baby is bigger I'm feeling crazy alien like movements. My stomach has contorted in every way possible but no one sees it but me. I get the feeling that he/she is still upright though because I'm very sore in my lower abdomen and feel lots of kicks in that area down there. Sometimes it seems he/she is laying sideways because I feel kicks/movements on my right and left side.
I'm huge and I've been told my belly has taken on a different shape. I guess it has. Its not as round but more pointier now. Oh! AND in the last few weeks I've begun to lose my beloved belly button. Who would've thought that I would miss my belly button?! Its been slowly disappering but it hasn't completely popped out yet. Kinda weird to look at it though-- its so wrinkly!
Back-aches... oh, they are SO bad. It mainly hurts on my lower right side whether at home or at work. Sometimes I just want to cry! The pain is sometimes throughout my lower back but mainly it stays on the right side. I didn't have back pain until just a few weeks ago when it started getting tough. I keep telling myself that this is nothing and that labor will be more intense and that my body is just preparing for it.
Cramping-- I'm noticing more cramping lately (as if I'm about to get my period). Its not that bad but its new to me. I keep thinking I'm going to go into labor early but then it stops until another day. They are probably braxton hicks but I get the feeling I will keep getting them this last trimester.
Insomina... whoah- sleeping is not what it used to be. I've been having a hard time sleeping at night which makes it for a very rough work day. I think I only had one good sleep day last week- a full 7 hours and it felt so good. Its almost 4:30am right now! I've been up since about 3 : (.
And lastly... but not least... I'm having this baby in a just a few short weeks!!!Its a little scary and exciting to think about. I feel that I'm preparing myself by reading some awesome books and by taking the Lamaze classes. I've talked to my doula a few times about some concerns and she has been very reassuring. Now that we are down to the wire I may start posting more-- hopefully not to complain too much but more just to experience this time with all of you. Please keep us in your prayers! Soon we will have a new addition to our little two person family and that is so unbelievable exciting.
1 comments:
Hi Paty!! you and baby Colpas are definitely in our everyday prayers! All your symptoms are so normal at this stage in your pregnancy - as I read your note, it reminded me of the times I was pregnant with Allison and Billy boy!
Talk to you soon!
Love,
Ali
Post a Comment