You may remember that last summer I gave couponing a try. I'm not sure if I said this or not but it was hard work! Actually it was pretty overwhelming. I was trying to find the best deals in all the stores near me- ShopRite, A&P, Rite Aid, Target, Walgreens, Acme, Walmart. I had spreadsheets set up and newspaper and coupon inserts all over the house. It got to be too much so I just gave up after a few grocery shopping trips. Well, I'm back on it again.
One of the reasons I'm back to couponing is because we are trying to save money to buy a house and I'm the one in charge of buying the groceries in our household so I need to tighten up my purse strings! So here I go yet again. I'm having better luck this time. I'm following two websites which I will share soon (no, not getting paid to plug their names : ) and I'm sticking to either free products or really good deals. I'm also sticking to a select few stores like A&P and Rite Aid and I'm not calculating the deals on my own anymore. The websites I'm following do all the calculation for me : ).
In my first week as a newly minted couponista I missed my window to shop at my stores and lost the coupons. Ha, ha. I couldn't even go shopping (I just find that funny). My second week I had coupons on hand and went to A&P because we were out of certain products and I had coupons for them so off I went! At the end of my shopping trip I had saved $17.75 : ). Not bad huh?! I was really excited. I think I made smart purchases and some not so smart ones like sweets that we definetly don't need ; ). After I paid I wanted to go back to the store and return the non-sale items!
I'll share with you my secrets of couponing as I go along or if you want to take the plunge now check out the websites below they have really good advice and tips for couponistas in the making! Hopefully you will be inspired to save a lil bit extra in your next shopping trip!
http://thekrazycouponlady.com/
http://happyhomemakercindy.com/
Happy shopping!

One of the reasons I'm back to couponing is because we are trying to save money to buy a house and I'm the one in charge of buying the groceries in our household so I need to tighten up my purse strings! So here I go yet again. I'm having better luck this time. I'm following two websites which I will share soon (no, not getting paid to plug their names : ) and I'm sticking to either free products or really good deals. I'm also sticking to a select few stores like A&P and Rite Aid and I'm not calculating the deals on my own anymore. The websites I'm following do all the calculation for me : ).
In my first week as a newly minted couponista I missed my window to shop at my stores and lost the coupons. Ha, ha. I couldn't even go shopping (I just find that funny). My second week I had coupons on hand and went to A&P because we were out of certain products and I had coupons for them so off I went! At the end of my shopping trip I had saved $17.75 : ). Not bad huh?! I was really excited. I think I made smart purchases and some not so smart ones like sweets that we definetly don't need ; ). After I paid I wanted to go back to the store and return the non-sale items!
I'll share with you my secrets of couponing as I go along or if you want to take the plunge now check out the websites below they have really good advice and tips for couponistas in the making! Hopefully you will be inspired to save a lil bit extra in your next shopping trip!
http://thekrazycouponlady.com/
http://happyhomemakercindy.com/
Happy shopping!
0 comments:
Post a Comment