CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don't forget to thank Him for His answers. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ."
Philippians 4: 6-7
Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.
Luke 18:1
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Prodromal Labor

Well I was right to be nervous about last night because it ended up being a very tough and long night.  I went to bed around 11:30/midnight and shortly after started having lots of painful cramping, one right after another.  I stayed in bed for a half hour or so hoping that they would away but no such luck.  That was the start of our long night. 

The cramping was very intense and came on right away then they would die off.  It was so painful!  Oscar would massage my arms and back and was with me the entire time.  I started playing my early labor music which made me feel better--  half of it is feng shui music and the other half is religous music.  We also took out the tens unit.  I needed whatever help I could get!  My doula lent us hers and it did take off the edge of some of the really bad cramping.  The picture on the right is what the tens looks like when a woman is using it except I wore clothes, lol. 

By 4am we were both getting very tired and tried to sleep on our couch.  I couldn't because I still kept having painful cramping.  An hour later the cramping had slowed down and we decided to go to bed--  that didn't last!  I let Oscar sleep but I went back to our living room and ride out the cramping which came and went and were still irregular.  I was completely delirious because not only had I not slept at all, I was going through some very painful cramping!!  I don't think I've ever been so frustrated in my entire life.  The one thing that made me smile was that in one of my many trips to the bathroom I realized I lost my mucus plug! YEAH!!  Another good sign!

Around 8am I called my doula and told her what was going on.  She said that it looks like I'm having a very slow start to early labor--  can you belive I'm not even in early labor yet?!?!?  She said it was prodromal labor or otherwise known as "false labor".   I was finally able to get some sleep around 8am and slept for a few hours.  I woke up a few times to painful cramping but most of the time I slept.  Thank goodness.  Oscar made me breakfast and now I feel better.  Cramping comes every few minutes and is still painful and strong but not lasting long.  Hopefully things will progress to early/active labor soon because the last thing I want is another night like last night!!!

Thanks everyone for your emails, well wishes and prayers.  It really means a lot to me.  I'm sorry that I can't talk or text with some of you.  This is the best form of communication for me at this time! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment