CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don't forget to thank Him for His answers. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ."
Philippians 4: 6-7
Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.
Luke 18:1
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Ouch!

Well, it looks like we might be on to something here.  I woke up around 5am today with cramps-- like I was getting my period.  The pain was at the point when I usually curse the world and then take an Advil, lol... but ofcourse Advil is a no-no during pregnancy.  This might be TMI so stop reading if you are a little squeamish (I'll try not to be so descriptive).  I went to the bathroom after I woke up from the cramping and saw blood!  Agh!!!  Just to give you an idea, I've been checking my undies EVERY TIME I've gone to the bathroom for the past several weeks!!  Its nuts, I KNOW!  But its really hard not to check for your mucus plug or any sign of labor at this late stage.  I went to get Oscar to tell him the good news because he was still awake!  He does that once in awhile just pulls all-nighters for whatever odd reason.  Anyway, we went to bed but I couldn't stay in bed long because the cramps were coming and going and I wanted him to sleep so I went to the couch and moaned myself to sleep.  Some of the cramps were SO painful!  Holy moly.  Thankfully I was able to sleep for most of the morning only waking up to the painful cramps but sleeping through most of them.  The cramping stopped around noon and Oscar was a sweetie and made me breakfast : ).  I normally get up early on the weekends and make breakfast for the both of us so this was a welcomed change.

I called my doula and she said that my body is getting ready for labor and these are all very good signs.  She said to start timing them if they continue and to keep her updated.  She also said I should go about my day.    Oscar and I went to dinner to BeniHana (hibachi), then to the mall for a walk, I got a reflexology massage and then on to Cold Stone Creamery for some yummy ice cream.  Well, it turned out that I had very little to no cramping throughout the afternoon and I was spotting lightly.  But by the end of our outing I was very grouchy and hurting.  By the time we got home the cramps started again.  We have been timing them for the past hour or so and they are all over the place.  There is really no clear pattern but they are coming and going pretty regularly. 

I'm not sure what this night will hold.  Will I go into full fledged labor and my cramps turn to contractions or will I have a restful night?  I don't know and I'm a little nervous but at the same time excited that my body is finally working toward birthing our little baby! 

1 comments:

Maria

Very exciting news!! It's so close! I'm glued to my cell phone!

Post a Comment