CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don't forget to thank Him for His answers. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ."
Philippians 4: 6-7
Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.
Luke 18:1
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A little overwhelmed

Not sure how to start because I'm overwhelming myself with thoughts of natural birth.
I've been reading Ina May's book and its so good.  I wish I had more time during the day to read it and finish it.  She not only describes the process of childbirth but also the physiological aspects of it and why we use certain techniques to manage pain.  It really is SO very interesting and I keep thinking to myself after every chapter-- wow, that's pretty cool.
We are also taking our first childbirth class this Sunday with our doulas.  They are certified Lamaze instructors so ofcourse they will be teaching Lamaze.  At first I wasn't too thrilled about this but I liked the course outline and I love my doula so I thought it'd be a good idea to take the class with them.  What is overwhelming me is if we made the right choice with the class.  I looked into taking Bradley classes and also Birthing from Within classes and now I'm thinking about Hypnobabies.  It seems to me that the goal of all these classes are the same-- to achieve a natural and unmedicated childbirth but using different methods. But how do I know which method is right for me?  Is Lamaze the best course to take?  I don't know. 
I did peruse the Lamaze website and found some very useful information.  I also had a question for one of my doulas and she referred me to a Lamaze article that was really good.  This is not your mother's Lamaze class!  Its more than just breathing-- its how to achieve a NUCB and weighing all the options and risks of medical intervention.  Gosh, I sound like a commercial!

Well, time to go to bed-- wanted to share my overwhelming-ness (no, not a word) so I can have a restful sleep tonight.  Thanks for listening : ).


0 comments:

Post a Comment