CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don't forget to thank Him for His answers. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ."
Philippians 4: 6-7
Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.
Luke 18:1
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, February 6, 2010

What do you guys do?

This is a question we are usually asked when we tell people that we don't have cable tv {gasp!}.  So how do we keep ourselves entertained?  Well, it was quite evident today because we were snowed in with nearly a foot of snow! (and my sisters and parents who live about 30 minutes north of us barely got an inch)!  So due to the weather we had no desire to leave our toasty home which was magnified when two kids stopped by to ask if we wanted our driveway shoveled and they got a quick and enthusiastic Yes!  So now we didn't even have to leave home to shovel!  Ahhh, a perfect weekend day... 


To be fair, we do at times watch television but we don't have cable.  I found Hulu a few months ago.  Its pretty cool. If the bug to watch television hits us, well, we turn on to Hulu.  Although I must admit I haven't been watching any recent shows-- I usually watch oldies like Wonder Woman, Lost in Space or V (yes, I said oldies, not the remakes). 


Some of the things we did today--

           We read books.  Oscar is reading a sci-fi book that he can't put down an I am reading Tuesday's with Morrie-- which I must say is a very good book. As a matter of fact I've been taking my time reading the book because I don't want to finish it! One thing I like about the both of us reading together is that the house is so quiet. I LOVE quiet.
           We also took the time to finish a puzzle that has been lying around the house for some time now.  We actually started it when we were dating, it fell apart a little, then we worked on it again, fell apart a little again and now its finished! (albeit with three missing pieces!)
           And ofcourse, a weekend cannot pass by without a crochet hook in my hand!  I am working on a Christmas gift I started in November but didn't finish because I ran out of yarn. I recently found the yarn on the internet so I started it again today.  I don't want to say what it is or to whom its for just in case that person is reading the blog (you know who you are!). 
           I took a nap.  It was so nice to sleep.  I feel like I've had very little sleep this entire week so it was nice to nap.
          Later on in the evening we played Jenga-- which I lost to my husband twice! 
          We also played the Wii which was loads of fun too.  Before we knew it it was midnight!   Where does the day go!?

See, not that bad huh?  There are tons of things one can do without a remote and 180 channels in hand! Taaa, taaa!

1 comments:

Alicia

Wow Paty!! very impressive - First of all I had no clue you ddnt have cable tv...but it is so nice to see how you and your hubbie have found such wonderful things to do together! Kudos to you and Oscar. I have been trying to read a book called the Shack for about a year now...just can't finish it..can't find the time..I bet if I ddnt have cable tv, I would have read many many books already!!! Something to consider...uhmmmmmm

Post a Comment