CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don't forget to thank Him for His answers. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ."
Philippians 4: 6-7
Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.
Luke 18:1
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, February 27, 2010

2nd week of training

It was 7am and I wondered if I should go out for my second long run today or wait til tomorrow (it was 29 degrees).  After yesterday's massive snow storm I wasn't sure how well the roads would be.  Also, tomorrow will be about 5 degrees warmer and would work out better for running but we have a full day and I didn't really want to risk not getting in my long run. Sooo, at about 8:30am I started to get ready to head out.  By the time I got to the park there were snow flurries but it wasn't terribly cold.  The temperature was now a cool 31 degrees (ummm, much better than the 15 degrees I ran in back in January-- THAT was a bad idea!).

This week's long run was four miles again.  I ran it but not without difficulty.  There were a few icy spots that I chose to walk through instead of run (which I was secretly happy about).  I also started running intervals so I could control my speed and get faster.  Anyway, somehow with all the stopping and slow running I somehow managed to run faster this run than last run.  Which kinda surprised me because I walked some of the way... and I guess this means that I was running really slow last time?  Regardless, I finished this week's long run but I'm not so sure about next week because its a five mile run.  Oh gosh.  Its supposed to be in the 40's next week so should be no icy spots and better weather.  Let's see what happens.

0 comments:

Post a Comment