CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don't forget to thank Him for His answers. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ."
Philippians 4: 6-7
Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.
Luke 18:1
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, January 31, 2010

a romantic breakfast?

So I thought I would try a cute egg recipe I saw a few weeks ago... maybe some of you have seen it or tried it.  It looked easy and cute and I wanted to try it for my hubby on a weekend morning.  A pic of it is below (not mine)-- isn't it cute?


I used a heart shaped cookie cutter (a wedding favor from my friend Sonja) to cut out the heart in my special weight watchers whole wheat bread (yeah, living the healthy life : ).  So as I start my easy experiment I realize, well, that it wasn't so easy... My first try came out like this: 

:((((.  Not quite like the pretty picture huh?  I think I turned the egg over before it was completely cooked and after that there was no saving it.  But hey, practice makes perfect, right?

Not to fear... I had a few more eggs left in my arsenal.

Second try, I thought mmmm, maybe if I put the cookie cutter IN the pan, cook the egg and then transfer it to the bread, it will work... ummm, NO... the egg was runny and it didn't really stay in the cookie cutter.  Darn.




Third try:  This time I figured I would carefully add the egg to the bread, lower the flame and then wait for the egg to cook a little more than last time to flip it over.  In my haste to make sure the yolk was perfectly lined up in the middle of the bread, I broke the yolk! and it became a big blob of yellow, yucky yolk :(.



Fourth and last try... I burnt the bread.   I left it on the pan too long-- not that it mattered because when I flipped it over the egg got all egged-up egg-gain (ok, the goofy egg play-on words ends here).



In the end, I didn't quite succeed in making the perfect "heart egg in a bread" recipe but my hubby thoroughly enjoyed his breakfast and loved that his wife tried to make it.... cute.



0 comments:

Post a Comment