My husband and I were going to go on a romantic getaway this weekend to Puerto Rico but due to the massive snow storm/blizzard Continental cancelled our flight!!! We were going to fly out Thursday morning and I was a little nervous that we were going to get delayed-- well my nerves turned to incredulosity (yes, that is a made up word, I think) when I checked the flight status and saw that the flight was cancelled!!
We called Continental but could not get through so I called American Express Travel since they booked the trip. I was really impressed with the customer service. They were able to get through to Continental to get the low-down. Basically our choices were to get a full refund or reschedule the flight. And apparently there were no other flights available today through Friday. Amex also checked on the hotel and they offered us a full refund. I really had a hard time digesting all this information because I couldn't believe it was actually happening!!
It wasn't until I got home tonight that I tried one more time to check in with Amex and there just wasn't anything available for us. I also checked the Continental website and saw there were other flights available but they were all full. So we decided to cancel our trip and we are getting full refunds for the hotel and flight. Oh well. Tomorrow I'm staying home from work and so is my hubby-- we'll be snuggling while we watch the blizzard take hold. Be safe everyone!
Park City Utah
4 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment