CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don't forget to thank Him for His answers. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ."
Philippians 4: 6-7
Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.
Luke 18:1
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Training

I didn't get a chance to write up my third week of training... well, that's because it didn't go so well : (.  I've been suffering from painful shin splints!  In all my years of running I've never had shin splints (my husband was surprised!).  I had to look them up on the internet and then I diagnosed myself.  Well, let me tell you, they suck! So remember I was supposed to do my big 5 mile run in the third week of training?  Yeahhhh--- never happened.  I did not run at all the third week because it was painful to walk and I definetly did not want to aggravate the injury. 

So after a week of rest and ice (and feeling sorry for myself-- yeah, yeah, give me a break) I started to run again this past weekend.  I went to a local park with a trail so I wouldn't run on asphalt-- I was happy to be getting out again!  Well... that happiness turned to frustration when I hit snow!  Yeah, snow!  There was still snow on the ground further into the trail and yes, I tried running through it but it just was not possible for me.  I turned back and just ran a little bit more elsewhere.  I've been on two more runs since then and so far so good.  I have mild pain on my shins but not nearly as bad as last week.  I look like a real dork when I run now because I've been wrapping both of my legs!  Whatever, if it helps I'm going to do it!

So that's my story.

2 comments:

Alicia

Oh My!! I'm sorry to hear that you are not doing well with you running goals. Remember that your health comes first..if running is not in the stars for you this year, I'm SURE that you will find some other rewarding activity! You are a tough cookie...

Maria

Chin Splits !! Sorry to hear that!!!!! Why don't you try swimming for a while so you can stay off your legs and still move your body?!

Post a Comment