So in an effort to lose weight I thought I'd try spinning. I never tried it before because it sounded boring. For those who don't know, spinning is riding a stationary bicycle for about an hour or so-- yeah, boring, right? Well, somehow I got my hiney out of my comfy bed at 5:15am (yeah, that's right 5:15AM) and drove to the gym. Thank goodness its close by (by the way, have you noticed how the sun is not out at 6am anymore and how its getting darker at night? Where the heck did the summer go?!).
Anyway, the class starts at 5:45 and since I got there so darn early no one was in the spinning room so I decided to play it cool and get on the stair master (I know I'm such a dork). Finally a few people showed up so I mosied on over. The instructor helped me adjust my seat, etc. and we started... and can I tell you what an interesting time I had. It was actually FUN... what made it worthwhile was the music the instructor played. It was quite enjoyable. We did "sprints", we went up hill and slowed down. Two days later I was an aching beast! Not only did my legs hurt but my forearms as well.
So the point of this post is if you think something is boring because it sounds boring and it looks boring, well, it may NOT be so boring-- so try it! Also, try spinning if you haven't before. You burn an incredible amount of calories in one tiny hour and will totally make you feel better about eating those two slices of pizza the night before (yes, I'm guilty of that many times). All I need to do is manage to get up early enough to make it to the class at 5:45! Its been rough going but so far I've managed to do it twice in one week.
I would love to hear your experience with spinning or with something new you tried that you didn't think you would like but did so anyway. Open up your world and let a new experience in! Taa, taa and happy spinning!
Park City Utah
4 years ago
1 comments:
I can't agree with you more...I thought golf was the most boring thing in the world..Now, I love it!! I used to love to start exercising at 6am! i havent done it in a while. Allison and I want to try kickboxing....Alicia
Post a Comment