CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don't forget to thank Him for His answers. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ."
Philippians 4: 6-7
Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.
Luke 18:1
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Books

I recently finished reading a great book and have a few more waiting for me. Every time I finish reading a book I keep thinking about how much I disliked reading for so many years. I reconnected with books back in 2007. My history with books goes back to high school. I fondly remember my high school days when I couldn't wait for the summer book list to come out and read all the recommended books and believe it or not I looked forward to the quiz we got at the beginning of the school year! (ok, so I'm a bit of a dork). Anyway, when I got to college I wasn't too crazy about reading anymore-- even school books *sigh*-- but I discovered Stephen King. Whoah... what a writer! After college I stopped reading. It didn't really interest me. Why spend time reading when I could be going out shopping or to the beach or just having fun in general. I would see people on the train completely engrossed in their flavor of the day and I couldn't understand why.

Before I went away in '06 a few friends gave me books as going away gifts. Truthfully, I felt bad that I got so many books to read because I just wasn't interested. I didn't read them. They sat unopened in my mom's house until my return. I can't tell you why I started to read one day in 2007 but I picked up one of the books-- My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult and that started it all. I had never heard of Jodi Picoult but I LOVED the book. I read it in a week and suddenly a new world opened for me.

I have discovered other authors that have peaked my interest like Phillipa Gregory, Khaled Hosseini and Esmeralda Santiago to name a few (can you spot your favorite author in my budding library?). A dear friend of mine, Teresa, has actually published two books and they are on my wait list "Longbranch" and "Moon of Honey" (wow, I know an author!). Actually, writing this post just gave me an idea. Maybe I'll start posting book reviews! How fun would that be!

0 comments:

Post a Comment