CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don't forget to thank Him for His answers. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ."
Philippians 4: 6-7
Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.
Luke 18:1
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

So Christmas is almost over and we had a wonderful time with both of our families. I'm so exhausted from all the Christmas festivities! Oscar and I spent Christmas Eve with his family to celebrate his mom's birthday. Fun was had by all and dinner was absolutely delicious! Oscar's dad cooked the Pernil for nearly 24 hours... I've never had such tender meat! The evening was somewhat bittersweet for me because it was the first time I ever spent Christmas Eve away from my family. Although I sorely missed my family traditions last night I am lucky to have spent it with my fabulous future in-laws, a very loving and beautiful family, to celebrate their traditional Christmas Eve.


Today we got up early to go to Oscar's again to celebrate Christmas and open gifts. Everyone woke up early and I was still tired from the night before (blame it on Oscar and the two margaritas he gave me!). We had a wonderful Christmas celebration with Oscar's mom and dad and his sister and brother. We left late in the morning to go to my parents house to celebrate Christmas with them. It was another great time. My younger and older sister stopped by to enjoy breakfast and open gifts. The only sister missing was Alicia since she and her fam go to her in-laws for Christmas day. It was so much fun seeing my nieces and nephews open their gifts. Little Alexandra couldn't wait until all the gifts were given out so my sister gave up and let her open her gifts. Max gave the loudest roar when he opened my gift-- a puzzle of Frosty the Snowman. I thought it was funny how he loved it so much!

Afterward, Oscar and I went to my younger sister's house to continue the celebration and eat some delish paella! This was a good thing because Oscar and my brother-in-law ended up talking about the honeymoon-- thank goodness because I'm getting a little antsy about it. My sister and brother-in-law have graciously offered their timeshare for us to use for the honeymoon! Since Oscar is doing all the planning he sat with my brother-in-law to get info on the timeshare. I wasn't present because its going to be a surprise : ). Which makes me more antsy because I'm such a control freak and I need to know everything but I know he will do good : ). I really needed to give up planning the honeymoon because the wedding is enough planning and stress as it is!!

So that was our Christmas. It was a really nice two days. I hope you enjoyed yours too. Oh, on a little side note-- yesterday was exactly five months until the wedding : ). YEY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment