hat's it, that was the last major vendor we needed to book. Its been kinda stressful because meeting with a florist would take over an hour and some of them wanted to know what kind of flowers I wanted exactly and some of them were just really weird people. Oh, and mostly all of them would spout off the name of a rose or two-- I thought that was a bit strange, lol. Oh, and the cost! I can't believe how much flowers can cost! I was blown away with some of the prices I was quoted.We actually considered early on buying flowers online and making the bouquets and reception centerpieces on our own. However, that idea was nixed when we couldn't come to terms with the logistics-- when to do them, who would arrange it, etc. So in order to save money I'm going to scale back on the size of the bouquets and get typical flowers for May and nothing exotic. Although I LOVE orchids but they are way too expensive so I will have to do without : (. They actually sell them for cheap at Ikea and Home Depot but my sis quickly advised me against it (and with good reason)!
Anyw
ay, back to my florist. Dee and her husband were super nice when I met them and really tried to accommodate my requests. They make a good team also! I felt very comfortable with them in their flower shop. They have also been in the business for many, many years so they were great in providing advice about some things I wasn't sure about. I won't make a final decision on flowers until February/March and I can even change my mind up to a month before the wedding. In the meantime. I'm so glad I'm done with this! Oh, I'm still debating whether or not I should decorate the church with swags (see pic). Thoughts?
0 comments:
Post a Comment