CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don't forget to thank Him for His answers. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ."
Philippians 4: 6-7
Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.
Luke 18:1
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, November 16, 2008

My Church - Our Lady of Peace

So I just got back from mass. Today was my second time serving as a Eucharistic Minister. I really love doing this. I do have a little confession to make though. Every time I go to mass I think about the wedding! I think about our parents and bridesmaids walking down the aisle to beautiful music. I think about presenting flowers to the Blessed Mother and how terribly emotional I'm going to get because every time I pray to her I think of my grandmother and how happy she must be being with Mary.

I think about seeing Oscar for the first time that day as I walk down the aisle and how I'm going to be so emotional when we start saying our vows. Those few minutes when we say our vows and give our lives to each other will be the most significant part of the day and I want to cherish every single second of it. I think of us standing at the altar as a newly married couple and seeing our friends and family witness this amazing event.

In the midst of it all I try very hard to listen to the readings and the Homily (yes, I'm now back at mass : ). Its hard because I'm really into this wedding and making it as beautiful and meaningful as it can be. I also really love this church and love being there. The stained glass is beautiful and there is an incredible amount of natural light because of its huge glass doors. I specially love the stained glass above the crucifix. On a sunny day the sun shines beautifully inside the church.

So this is my post on my church. I hope you like it too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment