Since Lent started I've been trying to figure out what to "give up". In past years I haven't given up anything but focused more on doing good or bettering myself. This year I read or heard somewhere (I wish I could remember) the whole reasoning for giving up something. You'd think I would know this right? Sacrifice. Sacrifice something you love, something you like and enjoy. Mmmm. Sacrifice. Ok. I can do that.
So I've been thinking of what to give up during Lent. What do I like so much that I'm willing to sacrifice it? I thought and thought and nothing... until I remembered that just a last week I went out at 11pm to buy my favorite cereal (who does that?). I had been craving it for days and gosh darn it I was going to have me some. You'll laugh when you find out what it is-- Cocoa Pebbles. I'm addicted to it! Its my go-to snack. If I have some bananas nearby I'll cut some up and add it to my bowl and its even more delicious. So I thought... well, I could give up Cocoa Pebbles but wait, I'm addicted to it so maybe I really shouldn't give it up. I mean its really good. But hey, isnt' that the whole point?
Another day went by and I thought... darn. That's what I should give up. Now that's pretty big because I am a HUGE, HUGE chocoholic. A few days later I was out with hubby, baby and bro-in-law at a home show. We came by a stand with tons of homemade chocolate. I was in heaven! I got some and ate them like there was no tomorrow--shameless I know. Then, I thought, thank goodness I didn't give up chocolate because I really, really love chocolate. Hmmmm. The Holy Spirit must have working extra hard because I thought-- gee, maybe I should give up chocolate, period. Whoah, Pat. What are you thinking? Give up chocolate? Until Easter? Ha!! I really, really, really love chocolate and couldn't possibly give it up... guess what? I've given up chocolate. It was really hard to come to that decision but I really felt that the big guy upstairs was working on me. I think He wants me to know what its like to make this type of decision, to sacrifice something I love. I really believe I am being taught something that I've had a hard time with and that is sacrifice. Well, here I go. On this rainy/snowy day when a good piece of chocolate or a bowl of Cocoa Pebbles with some warm milk will do just right... I think I'll go read a book instead.

So I've been thinking of what to give up during Lent. What do I like so much that I'm willing to sacrifice it? I thought and thought and nothing... until I remembered that just a last week I went out at 11pm to buy my favorite cereal (who does that?). I had been craving it for days and gosh darn it I was going to have me some. You'll laugh when you find out what it is-- Cocoa Pebbles. I'm addicted to it! Its my go-to snack. If I have some bananas nearby I'll cut some up and add it to my bowl and its even more delicious. So I thought... well, I could give up Cocoa Pebbles but wait, I'm addicted to it so maybe I really shouldn't give it up. I mean its really good. But hey, isnt' that the whole point?
Another day went by and I thought... darn. That's what I should give up. Now that's pretty big because I am a HUGE, HUGE chocoholic. A few days later I was out with hubby, baby and bro-in-law at a home show. We came by a stand with tons of homemade chocolate. I was in heaven! I got some and ate them like there was no tomorrow--shameless I know. Then, I thought, thank goodness I didn't give up chocolate because I really, really love chocolate. Hmmmm. The Holy Spirit must have working extra hard because I thought-- gee, maybe I should give up chocolate, period. Whoah, Pat. What are you thinking? Give up chocolate? Until Easter? Ha!! I really, really, really love chocolate and couldn't possibly give it up
0 comments:
Post a Comment