CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don't forget to thank Him for His answers. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ."
Philippians 4: 6-7
Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.
Luke 18:1
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Milestones

Several things that I missed writing about while I was on my blog hiatus was milestones we/I experienced during the pregnancy.  I think now would be a good time to share one of these milestones because they were really important to me...

June 30th... feeling the baby kick.  By the time I reached 15-16 weeks I was waiting to feel movement of any kind but I never felt anything. I would lay down in bed and put my hands over my tummy just waiting to feel him/her but nothing happened so after a while I just gave up. This really frustrated me because I really wanted to experience the baby moving.  Then someone told me that because I was a first time mom I wouldn't feel the baby until at least 20 or 21 weeks! What?!
Then on the evening of June 30th I was reading a book in bed and I thought I should try it again.  I put my book down and placed my hands on my belly and within 30 to 40 seconds I felt a kick!  A cute tiny little nudge on the left side of my tummy!  And then another one!  and then another one!!!  I can't even begin to tell you how elated I was!  Finally, I feel my little baby!  I ran downstairs to tell Oscar and he had the biggest smile on his face.  He put his hand on my belly and waited and waited and I felt another kick but he didn't.  Its ok though, I'm sure in due time when the baby is bigger he will feel his/her kicks when they become stronger. Now, ever since that day I've felt the baby move every day, all day and its absolutely glorious.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment