CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don't forget to thank Him for His answers. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ."
Philippians 4: 6-7
Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.
Luke 18:1
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, November 22, 2009

How Great Thou Art

I wasn't really sure how to start this post and then I went to church.  Funny how on the days I don't want to go to church but make myself go something happens to make me glad I went.  Ah, the power of God.  A few days ago my father was diagnosed with a cancerous growth in his throat-- his voicebox to be specific.  The prognosis is good-- a 90% cure rate but my dad will need radiation.  This Thanksgiving will be a special one at my parents home because we will be thankful that my dad's illness is curable and that once again we will come together as a family to celebrate all the goodness God has to offer.

Today at church we sang How Great Thou Art.  It is a beautiful song and one that we played at our wedding.  In the many years since I first heard it I have grown to love it.  It made me think of the beauty and wonder that God brings us everyday.  It helped me accept my father's illness and that God has a plan for him.  He has a plan for all of us.  We remain positive and very hopeful that my dad will be cured and that he will have many, many years left with all of us-- I mean he has yet to meet his future granchildren! (that would be my future kids : ). 

Below is a youtube version of this beautiful song.  Please pray for my dad and his speedy recovery! I'll keep you posted on his progress!

0 comments:

Post a Comment