CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don't forget to thank Him for His answers. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ."
Philippians 4: 6-7
Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.
Luke 18:1
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Halloween Weekend - late post!


I was going through some pictures still on my camera's memory card and noticed that I had a few pictures of our Halloween get away weekend.  We are not big on Halloween but we have been wanting to get away for a weekend and it just so happened that I saw an article on Sleepy Hollow, NY and got the bright idea to visit the birthplace of the headless horseman!  Boooo (that's me trying to sound scary : ).

It was a short weekend but a really nice getaway.  We stayed at the Tarrytown House and Estate Center.  It was so pretty!  We lounged by the pool and visited Lyndhurst Castle on Halloween.  I could only take pictures of the castle from the outside because indoor pics were prohibited.  The castle is absolutely beautiful inside.  It was built in the 1830's and still has much of the furniture from that period of time.  The historical society has kept many of the rooms in the same condition (with some renovations) and it felt like we stepped back in time.  What I would give to spend a weekend living in the castle!  The castle is about 30 miles north of NYC so if you find yourself in that area I highly recommend it.

So what better way to spend Halloween night than in a cemetery-- ha, ha, that's just what we did : ).  We booked an evening lantern tour of Sleepy Hollow cemetery.  It was pretty cool and actually not scary at all.  I suppose if we had been alone and not on a tour of 10 or so people it would have been scary.  The tour was mainly historic and lasted about two hours!  We started at 10pm and ended at midnight and I was completely exhausted! All that walking! I didn't take any pictures of the tour although I wish I had because we saw some very beautiful monuments. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment