CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don't forget to thank Him for His answers. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ."
Philippians 4: 6-7
Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.
Luke 18:1
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Final Meetings

Had two semi-final meetings today-- one with The Manor and the second with my priest and organist. Wow, talk about stressing out. I had some concerns about The Manor and the service so we spoke about my expectations. I must say that the banquet manager I spoke with was wonderfully accommodating and also truthful about some of the things I asked about. My main concern is that my guests are treated well and have a great time. I'm confident that the service, food and everything else will be great. There is an item on the menu that is still open and that is the choice of fish-- they gave us five options!!! Ackkk!!! I'm a shellfish person not a "regular" fish person so it was hard to decide. Oscar is not a fish person at all.

Later in the afternoon I met with my priest and organist. This was by far the most stressful meeting. Picking the music was really hard because the ceremony is the most important part of the day and I honestly want to make sure everything is great. The big debate is whether we should have a cantor-- I'm leaning towards no. I think the organist will be fine. I think meeting with the priest afterward was too much for me for one day. I didn't realize that it was going to be so intense! (well, intense in "Lilian terms", that is : ). We went through every detail of the ceremony which kinda freaked me out a bit because he does things differently than what I have seen at other weddings. There were some things I liked and some I didn't. We talked for an hour and a half!! Again there were some open items left so we need to figure out how to deal with them.

All in all, I am absolutely stressed. Oscar and my MOH have been great but I need to step back a bit and admit to myself that I cannot plan this whole wedding by myself. I seriously need to tone down my control freakness factor! 28 days and counting...

0 comments:

Post a Comment