Well, here is my dilemma. Last summer I started thinking about what song to walk down the aisle to. My mom really wanted me to walk to Wagner's Bridal March. I wasn't crazy about it because its "too much" but I did want something traditional. So I started my search and needless to say, mom wasn't thrilled. I found the old favorites-- Pachabel's Canon and Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring but I didn't want to walk to either. So during my search I found a beautiful, modern version of the bridal march. Its about 1 min and 30 seconds long and it is beautiful! I love the beginning and how it sounds so sweet and delicate-- no big pomp and circumstance. The composer is Jonathan Cain (from the 80's group Journey). Below is the youtube video.
Anyway, I fell in love with this song and I've been listening to it (a lot). I imagine walking down the aisle and seeing Oscar for the first time. I know, I'm such a sap!! Who listens to their bridal song?!?!? Anyway, I just found out that there is no sheet music for it! It is nowhere to be found. I even put Oscar on the case because he has really great internet research skills but he came up empty. My organist said he really can't help me because he is a very busy man (argh)-- not really want I wanted to hear. Its only 90 seconds long and a big chunk is the actual wedding march-- you'd think he'd have some time to listen to it and do what he can (ok, I'm getting a little bridezilla-ish here). So if anyone has any suggestions I'd be happy to hear them! My options are basically to either (a) play the song on an ipod and maybe use the church's sound system (which I don't want to do because I'm paying an organist to play live music), (b) hire someone to write the sheet music or (c) choose another song. Double argh... I'm so annoyed!!
Park City Utah
4 years ago
2 comments:
Wow, what a beautiful song!!
Just my opinion but... I'd play it off the Ipod. Try it over the church's sound system as a trial and see how it sounds.
As you discovered, there is no sheet music for it... It says so right on Jonathan Cain's website :( But also, would it sound the same with a single organist? I think there might be other instruments in the recorded version, and it might sound like a "regular" bridal march without them.
i'd do the ipod too. there is plenty of other music for the organist to play (and earn his money!), and this way it will sound exactly how you want it to rather than being let down by hearing it from the organ (which could sound weak)
Post a Comment