CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don't forget to thank Him for His answers. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ."
Philippians 4: 6-7
Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.
Luke 18:1
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, February 14, 2009

One year ago today...

SO! What happened last year today? Well, to be specific, at 11:30pm? Oscar proposed!! I've been looking forward to today because I can reflect on our first year as an engaged couple. Oh, and I'd like to tell the story our engagement.

So its Valentine's Day last year and it was a weekday so we were both working. I had a nagging suspicion that he might propose but I wasn't sure. It just so happened that we had our first salsa class that day. So we went to salsa and nothing happened. Ok, that's fine. So/div>
we go to his house because he had dinner planned. Because we had salsa he didn't have time to cook so he starts cooking and I'm roaming around his house looking for clues that he's going to propose and nothing. Its about 9:30 or so and I'm thinking the guy better do it soon. He ended up making a delicious dinner. It was grilled chicken with tiny noodles. Then after dinner he has something else... I'm thinking, this is it! Annnddd he brings out dessert. He made flan from scratch! It was actually pretty awful. He over-cooked the flan and the eggs were quite scrambly (I don't know how else to explain it but basically there was scrambled eggs in my flan!). So I'm thinking the ring is inside the flan so I'm eating this God-awful dessert and no ring : (.

By this time it was about 11:30 and I was in near tears. I just thought, he's not going to do it tonight. I ended up sending a text message to my sister and my good friend Leslye telling them that tonight wasn't the night and that I need to rethink this relationship. I was so sad I thought I was going to cry! Well, we are done eating the horrible flan and he says oh, I have something else in the kitchen-- he comes back to the dining room, gets down on one knee, opens up a black jewelry box and says "do you want to marry me?".... I almost DIED!!! I can't tell you how happy I was!!! I said yes in the weirdest, loudest voice you can imagine and I hugged him and kissed him. I called my sister and my girlfriend and told them the great news and they were just as excited since earlier I told them it wasn't happening! I couldn't call anyone else because it was so late!! The next post I write is the story of when we told our parents, those are great stories too. Anyway, we took ten thousand pictures that night. The first is a re-enactment of the engagement and the second is happy us. And now, here we are... 99 days until our wedding day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment