So here I am at 5am and up... . The one thing about being pregnant is all the trouble sleeping. Today I'm not feeling well. I didn't go to work yesterday but was feeling better in the afternoon so I thought I finally beat whatever was ailing me (cold, congestion, body aches). Now, I'm sneezing and coughing. It would be so nice to sleep all night without having to wake up. Usually heartburn bothers me but at least that's not the case tonight. I'd rather be all sneezy than have heartburn!
So I woke up to find the post below on my doula's facebook page. No I do not have facebook... their facebook page is public : ). Speaking of facebook, I'm reminding of a comment someone made to me a few months ago. I went to a local Peruvian restaurant to pick up lunch and the girl at the counter told me I should go to the restaurant's facebook page and "like" it. I told her I couldn't because I don't have facebook and she looked at me like I was from another planet and she said "how do you survive without it?!". I then looked at her like SHE was from another planet. I really couldn't believe how shocked she was. I mean, really. I did have a facebook page many a moon ago and it was just boring. Two people in my life have actually set me up with facebook pages (one without my permission which did not make me happy). It was annoying and I just couldn't figure it out. I really don't see what I'm missing and my life is pretty full as it is anyway. Ok, so back on track.
The post below is awesome and so true. I felt I could really, really relate to it. One thing that I was always told when I was pregnant with Ossie was all the bad things that we would be in store for us.. sleepless nights, crying baby, no life, always tired, never showering, life altering... yada, yada, yada. No one really told me the great things about having a new baby and being a new mom (and if you did, I'm sorry if I forgot!). I remember thinking that there has got to be something good about having a baby!! It can't all be miserable! So I made a conscious effort not to do the same thing to other expectant mothers. I once saw a pregnant woman at my son's baptism and she asked me how my experience was and I told her that having your first born was the most amazing feeling in the whole world. Why tell her the negatives? It really is joy. She smiled. When I read the post below I thought how awesome it was and I wanted to share it with others.
Parenting children can have its rough spots but the joys outweigh the rough times. We are now going through the terrible two's stage and yes, our little Ossie can give us a run for our money. He is SO strong willed and so very independent but he is such an amazing joy. We have so much fun together and I love seeing him and his father play (pretty much all the time!). Just today all we did for about a half hour was see him run back and forth from the kitchen to the living room laughing. I was on one end and Oscar was at the other end and he just ran back and forth landing in our arms. So simple and yet so incredibly joyful that I thought- we are incredibly blessed with this very active and rumbunctious little boy!
Hope you like the blog post.
http://katiewetherbee.wordpress.com/2012/02/06/joy-or-just-wait/#comment-750

So I woke up to find the post below on my doula's facebook page. No I do not have facebook... their facebook page is public : ). Speaking of facebook, I'm reminding of a comment someone made to me a few months ago. I went to a local Peruvian restaurant to pick up lunch and the girl at the counter told me I should go to the restaurant's facebook page and "like" it. I told her I couldn't because I don't have facebook and she looked at me like I was from another planet and she said "how do you survive without it?!". I then looked at her like SHE was from another planet. I really couldn't believe how shocked she was. I mean, really. I did have a facebook page many a moon ago and it was just boring. Two people in my life have actually set me up with facebook pages (one without my permission which did not make me happy). It was annoying and I just couldn't figure it out. I really don't see what I'm missing and my life is pretty full as it is anyway. Ok, so back on track.
The post below is awesome and so true. I felt I could really, really relate to it. One thing that I was always told when I was pregnant with Ossie was all the bad things that we would be in store for us.. sleepless nights, crying baby, no life, always tired, never showering, life altering... yada, yada, yada. No one really told me the great things about having a new baby and being a new mom (and if you did, I'm sorry if I forgot!). I remember thinking that there has got to be something good about having a baby!! It can't all be miserable! So I made a conscious effort not to do the same thing to other expectant mothers. I once saw a pregnant woman at my son's baptism and she asked me how my experience was and I told her that having your first born was the most amazing feeling in the whole world. Why tell her the negatives? It really is joy. She smiled. When I read the post below I thought how awesome it was and I wanted to share it with others.
Parenting children can have its rough spots but the joys outweigh the rough times. We are now going through the terrible two's stage and yes, our little Ossie can give us a run for our money. He is SO strong willed and so very independent but he is such an amazing joy. We have so much fun together and I love seeing him and his father play (pretty much all the time!). Just today all we did for about a half hour was see him run back and forth from the kitchen to the living room laughing. I was on one end and Oscar was at the other end and he just ran back and forth landing in our arms. So simple and yet so incredibly joyful that I thought- we are incredibly blessed with this very active and rumbunctious little boy!
Hope you like the blog post.
http://katiewetherbee.wordpress.com/2012/02/06/joy-or-just-wait/#comment-750
0 comments:
Post a Comment