CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don't forget to thank Him for His answers. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ."
Philippians 4: 6-7
Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.
Luke 18:1
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, September 17, 2009

My new passion

Last week I took my first crochet class. I was frustrated after the end of the class because I had a hard time learning the stitches and difficulty holding the crochet hook and yarn.  I was so pathetic!  Anyway, I practiced my stitches all week and got really good and comfortable doing them. 


Tonight was my second class and we made a little doilly (the picture doesn't do it justice).  Isn't it so pretty?  I really, really love doing this!  If I can make 50 or 60 of these I can make an afghan-- wow.  I've been crocheting on the train going to and from work and it helps pass the time so I'm going to crochet more of these doillys to make the afghan and also to get better. 


My teacher told us that crocheting is a dying art : (.  It seems that most people are just not into it, find it difficult or prefer to knit. I think once you get the hang of holding the crochet hook and have a good teacher that you will love it.  I certainly do!  I want  to start posting "how to" videos after each of my classes in case anyone is interested in learning.  Now that I have been taught (yeah, all of two classes) I feel like I can explain certain things better than my teacher can (gosh, that sounds awfully conceited, ewww).  My teacher has been crocheting for years and is an expert (so kudos to her, yeah!!) but I think she could explain the stitches and projects better to beginners like myself.  However, because we have a small class she is able to give us lots of personalized attention which is great. 

Anyway, stay tuned for the videos.  In the meantime, happy crocheting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment